- Your Government
- Boards & Commissions
- Frederick Youth Commission
Frederick Youth Commission
The Frederick Youth Commission was established by resolution in 2023 by the Board of Trustees as an advisory body on matters related to youth. The commission is charged with developing and recommending policies, programs, and services that empower, support, and inform youth to create an inclusive and vibrant community that enables and encourages youth to be active and engaged in local government.
The commission shall study, investigate, and recommend the implementation of programs, services, and policies on all matters related to youth while building partnerships with individuals, groups and organizations that impact youth and families in Frederick.
The Frederick Youth Commission shall have a non-voting voice and presence on all Town Commissions and Committees to encourage and build youth-adult partnerships and to foster diverse and inclusive decision making. The Frederick Youth Commission shall appoint a member liaison to serve on the Town Commissions and Committees including:
- Planning Commission
- Parks, Open Space, and Trails Commission
- Arts Committee
- Miners Day Committee
- Historic Preservation Advisory Committee
There are 20 vacancies on the Frederick Youth Commission. If you are interested in serving, please submit an application.
Who Can Apply?
- Residents of the Town of Frederick
- Grades Eighth - Twelfth (must be entering 8th grade in the fall of 2023)
What do I need to include in my application?
- Consent, Liability and Media Release Form
- An applicant may choose to provide a letter of interest and/or resume
Are there any restrictions?
- Members may not have direct or indirect financial or economic interest in any business or undertaking that may have business before the Board/Commission/Committee for which the applicant is applying.
How do I submit my materials?
When does the Board consider applications?
- Biannually - Generally in May and October
Is there an interview process?
- Applicants are required to attend an interview with representative(s) from the Board. Interviews are scheduled in May and October of each year.
What is the process of appointment?
- The interview panelists will make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees following interviews. The recommended applicant(s) will be invited to an upcoming Board meeting for appointment by the Board of Trustees.
If you have any questions regarding Boards, Commissions, or Committees, or would like information about agendas and/or minutes, please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 720.382.5500.