Communications & Engagement
The Communications & Engagement Department is responsible for communications, activities, programs, and events that enhance Frederick's quality of life and sense of community. Let’s explore all the ways to stay connected, get involved, and be engaged with your community.
- Surveys - We are listening! Your valuable feedback will shape the future of Frederick.
- Event Survey: Have you attended one of our community events - Community Tour & Talk, Frederick In Flight, Chainsaws & Chuckwagons, Miners Day, Tiny Terror Town, or Festival of Lights? We'd love your feedback to continually improve. Take a quick Event Survey!
- Frederick Forward Comprehensive Plan and Downtown Plan: Frederick Forward includes two very important efforts by the Town of Frederick to plan for its future: the Frederick Comprehensive Plan, which guides the overall community’s growth over the next 20 years; and the Frederick Downtown Plan, which will establish the vision for the Downtown district over the next two decades. Go to the Frederick Forward project website and take the latest survey!
- Community Parks Master Plan: The Community Parks Master Plan project aims to create a comprehensive vision for Frederick Recreation Area, Milavec Lake, Bella Rosa Golf Course, and Centennial Park. The project will develop a 20 to 30 year vision by actively involving the community in planning. Residents are welcome to share comments or concerns, ask questions to the project managers, and see project updates. Ready to step up to the plate? Find out more and take the park survey.
- FlashVote Surveys - Do you have one minute a month to help make Frederick better? Join your friends and neighbors and make your voice heard on important issues. Take a minute to sign up here . It's free, fast, and fun - you’ll get a short 1-minute survey every few months. Plus, you’ll get to see full survey results within 48 hours! FlashVote makes sure your feedback is anonymous.
Your input will help the Town of Frederick make better decisions for everyone in the community.
- Monthly Community Newsletter - Be in the know! The Town of Frederick monthly newsletter is one of our primary communication channels. It is published during the last week of each month and emailed or printed (your choice) with our Town's utility bill. Our monthly newsletter is a round-up of recent top stories and notices for the upcoming month. Be the first to see our monthly newsletter when it comes out. SIGN UP to receive our Monthly Newsletter via email.
- Frederick Flash - Sign up for our weekly E-newsletter, the Frederick Flash - Four Stories in a Flash! Sent each Wednesday, this weekly email newsletter has Frederick’s top stories condensed into a quick and easy-to-read format.
- Social Media - We are very active on our social media pages. Check out our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for daily updates and fun stories.
- Nextdoor - We have an agency account on Nextdoor where we post emergency notifications, events, and community programs.
- Board of Trustee meetings -View current agendas and minutes for all boards and commissions. Insider Tip - Board meeting agendas contain an Administrative/Departmental Report. This is a detailed report from department Directors with current projects and work being done by town employees which are updated every two weeks.
- Notify Me - Keep informed by signing up for our email updates. From calendar listings, Board of Trustee meeting agendas, bids, job opportunities, police department weekly case reports, to our event and meeting calendars, our email updates are a great way to stay connected.
- Volunteer - A great way to get involved with your community is to volunteer at one of our community events or get involved with a community program. Email Jessica to be added to the volunteer email list.
- Submit a Report - Help us help you! Choose a category for your question or request, and submission will be sent directly to the department that can help. Can’t find a category that makes sense? Use the general question and we’ll still get you an answer.
- Connect with us - You can always send an email or give us a call at 720.382.5513.
The Communications & Engagement Team is the primary source of all official forms of public communications including news releases, brochures, social media, and newsletters.
The Communications & Engagement Specialist is the main point of contact for all of the town’s community event planning and management, and serves as a liaison to multiple commissions regarding these responsibilities. Community programming, such as the Adopt a Place Program and youth outreach programming, are also handled by the Communications & Engagement team.
If you have an idea for a new community program or event, feel free to contact the Communications & Engagement team. We’re happy to hear from you!
Please mark your calendars to join us on December 2, 2023, from 5 pm to 8 pm for our annual Festival of Lights event. Read on...
The Coordinated Election unofficial results are in! Frederick, you voted YES on 2C. 3611 total votes were received with 2747 YES votes Read on...
The Town of Frederick has been named the 2023 "Small Community of the Year" by the Economic Development Council of Colorado (EDCC) for its exceptional economic achievements. Read on...