Clean Up Days
In the best interest of the community and our residents’ health, Town of Frederick has CANCELED Spring Clean Up scheduled for April 25, 2020.
Consistent with current CDC guidelines and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, all events and gatherings of more than ten (10) persons shall be canceled or postponed until further notice. The Town will continue to evaluate policies and follow guidelines set forth by the CDC and CDPHE. Announcements regarding Town events and community programs will be posted on our social media pages and website.
Spring Clean Up Day Replacement Program
In the May 26, 2020 Board of Trustee meeting, the board approved a voucher program to replace the Spring Clean Up Day, previously canceled due to COVID-19.
- Landfill Voucher Program - Town of Frederick residents can use a voucher to take a free one-ton trip in July to the Front Range Landfill (1830 Weld CR5, Erie). The official voucher will be provided by the Town of Frederick. Vouchers will be available to pick up at Town Hall (401 Locust St.) sometime in June. Voucher pick up date is TBD and will be announced here and through all communication channels including social media and the Frederick Flash.
- One voucher per Town of Frederick residential residence.
- Voucher pick up will be at Town Hall (401 Locust St.) Days and times are TBD (before July).
- The voucher is good for one load, up to one ton of disposable items. Additional items/weight will be subject to fees from the landfill, paid by the resident at the time of disposal.
- The voucher will be valid in July only.
- Senior Pickup - Town of Frederick residents who are 65 and older will be able to schedule a curbside pick up with Public Works. Dates and details are TBD.
- Electronics Recycling Days - We are working on plans for electronics recycling days in June at Public Works (7301 Eagle Blvd.)
- There will be a five item and one trip limit per each household.
- Dates and times to be announced.
- Tree Limb Disposal - Details are still in the works, so stay tuned for more information about the upcoming tree limb program for Town of Frederick residents
- Limbs would have to be no larger than 8” in diameter, and no longer than 10’.
- Each household will be required to show a copy of a Town utility bill for proof of residency.
- Residents will be responsible for removing their own brush and limbs, just like clean up events.
Fall Clean Up Day
When: October 3, 2020
Time: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Where: Town of Frederick Public Works Facility
7301 Eagle Blvd
Frederick, CO 80504
Who: Town of Frederick residents with utility bill or proof of Frederick residency.
What: Disposable items larger than residential trash pick up.
Restrictions: NO SEMI LOADS. See list of accepted and not accepted items below.
The Town of Frederick offers both a Spring and Fall Community Clean Up Day. This is an exclusive event is for Town of Frederick residents only who can bring disposable items to the Town of Frederick Public Works facility, located at 7301 Eagle Blvd. Residents will need to show their identification and proof of residency (such as a utility bill) to gain entrance. Town of Frederick residents will then gain access to unloading areas. Public Works staff will be on hand to provide direction and assistance as needed.
The Board of Trustees will be collecting canned food items and monetary donations for the Carbon Valley Help Center! The items the need most are: beans, mac&cheese, canned fruit/veggies, canned meat, canned soup, peanut butter, pasta and rice. Please check the expiration dates prior to donating so you don't accidentally donate expired items!
The Town encourages its residents to participate in this effort to keep Frederick beautiful! This event is for Town of Frederick residents only, so please be sure to bring your utility bill or proof of Frederick residency to participate.
Senior PickupSeniors 65 and over who don't have the means to bring their items to Clean Up Day must call Public Works at 720.382.5800 before September 25, 2020 to request a curbside pickup for the Fall Clean Up Day.
Items that are accepted:
Furniture, branches*, carpet*, mattresses, small counter top appliances and electronics (TVs, computers, microwaves, etc.).
*branches and carpet cannot be accepted unless they are cut into four foot lengths and tied into bundles weighing no more than 40 pounds
Items that are not accepted:
No semi's will be allowed to enter the yard. No sheds, utility buildings or lean to's.
No motorized vehicles (cars, mini bikes, motorcycles, e-bikes, scooters, atv's, golf carts, etc.)
No Hazardous materials, batteries, tires, oils, paints, solvents, bricks, shingles, drywall, concrete, large appliances (refrigerators, freezers, hot tubs, furnaces, hot water heaters, air conditioners, dishwashers, washers, dryers, etc.), flammable items (gas cans, propane tanks, etc.), construction materials, yard sheds, mulch, dirt or items that contain Freon or concrete.
Residential hazardous materials and waste including cleaners, paints, batteries, aerosols, motor oil, oil filters, gasoline, antifreeze, and pesticides can be taken to the Weld County Household Hazardous Waste Facility for free disposal. Good hazardous materials can be donated and available for free as well. This service is open every Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed for all major holidays including the Saturday following or prior to the holiday if the holiday is on a Friday or Monday). Business waste will be accepted by appointment only and will not be accepted on residential drop-off days (Friday and Saturday). The facility is located between I-25 and Colorado Boulevard at 5500 Highway 52, Dacono, CO, 80514. For more information call 970.304.6415 ext 2233 or visit the Weld County Hazardous Waste Disposal web page.