Town of Frederick water customers are eligible for rebates for replacing old toilets with new water-efficient toilets.
If you live west of I-25, your water provider is Left Hand Water District. Please visit Left Hand Water District’s website to explore rebates available to you.
Follow these 3 easy steps to get your rebate today!
Step 1: Research toilets and review the program rules listed below.
Step 2: Purchase and install a qualified toilet.
Step 3: Complete the rebate application!
- To qualify, the toilet must be EPA WaterSense certified toilet with 1.0 gallon per flush (gpf) or less. A list of eligible toilets can be found on the WaterSense website. For dual flush toilets to be eligible, both flush functions must be 1.0 gpf or less.
- Town of Frederick water customers are eligible for a rebate of up to $50 for a new WaterSense toilet, excluding installation cost and sales tax. This rebate will be credited to your utility account.
- Left Hand Water District customers are not eligible for this rebate.
- To qualify, WaterSense toilet must be fully paid for and installed.
- The rebate application must include a picture of the installed toilet.
- The rebate application must include a receipt for the purchase of the toilet.
- Limited to 3 rebates per household within a 10-year period.
- Only the replacement of previously installed toilets is eligible. New construction or addition of new bathrooms do not qualify.
- Toilet must be purchased new to qualify. Equipment that is used, leased, refurbished, rented, received from warranty or insurance claims, exchanged or won as a prize, do not qualify for this rebate.
- Qualifying applicant must be a current Town of Frederick water customer whose account is in good standing. The name on the rebate application must match the name on the utility billing account.
- A site inspection performed by Town of Frederick staff may be required before crediting your utility billing account.
- The applicant is responsible for installation of the new fixture and disposal of the old fixture.
- To be eligible, purchases must be completed after January 1, 2023. Applications must be received by the Town no later than January 15, of the year after purchase. For example, a new toilet purchased on July 1, 2024, must be submitted for the rebate no later than January 15, 2025.
- Toilets purchased by the previous owners or builder are not eligible for the rebate program.
- Rebates are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited to available funds.
- Application forms without complete information or a valid receipt will not be accepted.
These items will need to be uploaded to the online application:
- Photocopy of legal ID
- Photocopy of receipt, including brand, model number, price, and date of purchase
- Photo of installed toilets
If you have any questions: