Stay Connected - Sign up to receive our monthly Volunteer Newsletter.
Get added to our volunteer list, that you'll be in-the-know with the latest opportunities.
See what volunteer opportunities are available right now on our Frederick Volunteer Portal. There are multiple opportunities throughout the year and all you need to do is pick a bite-size time slot to sign up. You’d be surprised how much even two hours can make a difference in keeping the event or project running smoothly. We appreciate your help!
Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age to volunteer individually and have a signed Volunteer Release Form with parent or legal guardian permission. Volunteers under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Volunteer Release Form when responding to a volunteer opportunity
Carbon Valley Volunteer Fair
If your New Year's resolutions include giving back to your community or improving the world, the Town of Frederick is here to help with the annual Carbon Valley Volunteer Fair. The fair is held in January each year to help you fulfill your resolutions to volunteer more! The Carbon Valley Volunteer Fair aims to help you find a nonprofit organization that fits your needs and desires to impact the community. A wide variety of local nonprofits will be on-hand so residents can learn more about all the different volunteering options available in our community. So whether you enjoy working with children or seniors indoors or outdoors, hands-on activities, or a collaborative think-tank atmosphere, there is a volunteer opportunity for you right here in our community.
2024 Volunteer Fair
Date: Saturday, January 27
Time: 10 am to 2 pm
Location: United Power Carbon Valley Service Center, 9586 E I-25 Frontage Rd B, Longmont, CO 80504
Calling All Nonprofits!
Is your organization looking to make a bigger impact in 2024? Join us at the annual Carbon Valley Volunteer Fair this January, hosted by the Town of Frederick! We’re offering booth spaces for nonprofits to set up displays, share information, and engage directly with the community. Special Opportunity: Secure Your Free Booth Space!
Want an idea of what to expect? Watch the Volunteer Fair Recap Video.
Organizations in the Carbon Valley with volunteer needs:
- Life Stories Child & Family Advocacy
- Volunteers are needed to help out with special events throughout the year. This includes being on an event committee or volunteering at an event. Join their Event Volunteer mailing list and receive information about events as they come up.
- Habitat for Humanity of St. Vrain Valley
Habitat for Humanity has multiple opportunities, from Volunteering in a Restore Thrift Shop to construction, clean up, painting, landscaping, and skilled labor.
- Town of Firestone
- Our neighbor to the North hosts several events throughout the year. Once a waiver is completed, their site is easy to navigate to see all open opportunities. Some of the earlier events are a Meet & Greet on Thursday, March 9, at the Firestone Police Department and a Bite Club on May 12 at Stoneridge Park.
- Via Mobility Services
- As a volunteer, you will help older adults and people with disabilities maintain their independence and connections to the community. Our greatest need is for volunteer drivers, including delivering food with our partner, Boulder County Farmers Market. Contact Michael Woodard, Volunteer Coordinator, at 720.957.3726.
- Meals on Wheels of Greeley and South Weld County
- The aging population in Weld County is on the rise, as is the need for volunteers. Join our local volunteers working collectively throughout the U.S. to ensure the seniors caring for us are not forgotten, hungry, or alone. It doesn’t take much from each of us to improve the lives of so many. Together, we can make a huge difference for seniors. When you volunteer, you’ll make connections with seniors in your community. Serving your community can be as easy as delivering meals to homebound seniors once a week.
- 60+ Ride
- 60+ Ride uses an online program called “Ride Scheduler,” allowing registered volunteers to sign up for rides according to their schedules. Some volunteers offer multiple rides every week, while others might do so twice a month. The bottom line is that the rides you provide help individuals age 60 and older maintain their quality of life and independence!
- Carbon Valley Rotary Club
- Rotary is a worldwide service organization. The Carbon Valley Rotary Club is a dynamic group of energetic individuals making a positive difference in our area through community involvement focusing on youth, literacy, and mental health.
- Colorado Therapeutic Riding Center
- As home to one of the largest volunteer programs in our area, with over 1,000 volunteers a year, CTRC relies heavily on volunteers' invaluable skills, talent, and time. Volunteers at CTRC deliver services to courageous riders weekly and in various areas, like schooling horses, facility maintenance, taking on office tasks, and assisting with special events and fundraisers each year.
- Brigit's Bounty Community Resources
- Located behind St. Brigit’s Episcopal Church (110 Johnson St., Frederick), Brigit’s Bounty is a 1 acre “Giving Garden” that can use seasonal help to pull weeds & prepare garden beds, plant vegetables, maintain the grounds (mowing, etc.) and to harvest. Contact Dominique McKee, Garden & Education Coordinator, at 720.475.1520.
- Carbon Valley, Mead Victim Services
- The Carbon Valley, Mead (CVM) Victim Services Program supports victims of crime and/or unexpected tragedy in the jurisdictions of Dacono, Firestone, Frederick, and Mead. We are committed to ensuring that all victims of crimes covered under the Victim Rights Act (VRA) are aware of the rights afforded to them and meet law enforcement’s responsibilities under those rights.
- Carbon Valley Half Marathon
- Supporting Autism, May 13, 2023, will see a half marathon, a 5K, and a Fun Run. Volunteers are needed throughout the day.
- United WWeld County
- Trained reading partners assist and mentor elementary school children in reading skills. Handyman volunteers build wheelchair ramps and handrails for low-income seniors and handicapped individuals. Grocery shopping volunteers fill grocery orders for individuals who cannot shop for themselves. Disaster preparedness volunteers provide education and assistance regarding emergency response plans, drills, resources, and exercises. Veterans' volunteers provide support groups and resources for veterans and their families. Medicare Insurance volunteers assist seniors with Medicare and Medicaid questions. Tax assistance volunteers assist seniors with income tax preparation.
- UCHealth Longs Peak Hospital
- Share your time and talents by volunteering at UCHealth Longs Peak Hospital or other UCHealth sites in northern Colorado. Make new friends, enjoy a change of pace, gain a new perspective, and learn more about improving lives.
- Area Agency on Aging
- Area Agencies on Aging are charged with helping vulnerable older adults live with independence and dignity in their homes and communities. There are five core services provided by a AAA as directed by the Older Americans Act: Caregivers, Elder Rights, Health and Wellness, Nutrition, and Supportive Services.
- Dolly Parton Imagination Library Erie & Carbon Valley
- Registration clerks, fundraising, and community ambassadors are all ways you can support Colorado affiliates.
- Firestone Free Thinkers 4-H Club
- Seeking energetic, organized, and flexible volunteers for our various outreach programs. All volunteers are required to fill out an application, do online training and undergo a background check before working with youth. To get started, please go to the Become a Leader Page.
If your organization is looking for an ongoing service project, consider our Adopt a Place program to help keep Frederick beautiful. Or if you are looking for a one-time service project (i.e. Eagle Scout projects, a service requirement for your company, National Honor Society community service hours, etc.), contact our Communications & Engagement Manager to find something that works for you or your group and helps out the Town!