Every summer has a story, and I hope yours has been lovely, Frederick.
Meet up with Mayor Crites on August 3 at 4 pm for Tee and Tea Time at Bella Rosa Golf (5830 Bella Rosa Parkway). Stop by for some iced or hot tea and share your Frederick feedback, ask questions, or just get to know one another. Let’s collaborate on how to continue to be Built On What Matters.
Here are a few more ways to add some memories, update your household, and plan for an August of progress:
- Join The Frederick Police Department for National Night Out on Tuesday, August 3. National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie. Meet the men and women who serve our community with respect and continued support.
- The Frederick Police Department has an active Neighborhood Watch organization, with most of the Town's neighborhoods represented by block captains. Block captains serve as points of contact for their areas and meet quarterly with the police department to share concerns and have questions answered. If you would like to get involved, please watch for more information from the Town or your HOA.
- Special CONGRATULATIONS to the 2021 Frederick Scholarship winners: Avery Aasmundstad, Jaylyn Westenbroek, Jordan Westenbroek, Joshua Strong, Kaitlynn Lohmann, and Lauren Fisk. Frederick is supporting them with a yearly scholarship to attend a 4-year college or a trade school. They are an excellent and inspiring representation of the future of Frederick.
- Our Economic Development team is working with the Adams County Regional Economic Partnership and national site selectors for an in-depth conversation on future Frederick amenities. The consultants will get an up-close look at our economy, infrastructure, industries, and workforce. We are proud to hold high development standards based on our community values: F-Family, R-Respect, E-Empowered, D-Dedication.
- You may have noticed our posts and reminders about water being a precious resource. As a municipality, we know we need to tighten up the Town's watering schedule in our parks to be responsible leaders. The good news, we have a new irrigation specialist and are evaluating all park maintenance to improve on the quality, longevity, and experience of our public areas.
It was so fun to see you all at our 10th annual Frederick in Flight and 9th Chainsaws and Chuckwagons. Wow! You really showed up and enjoyed our community events. Our Frederick hearts are happy. More events are coming up, so keep your Frederick calendars hanging proudly.
Town of Frederick Mayor, Tracie Crites