- Your Government
- Mayor & Board of Trustees
- Mayor's Message
Happy June, Frederick. I hope joy finds you wherever you are.
The Back 9 Restaurant at Bella Rosa is changing course. As you are likely aware, the Town is transitioning from a full-service restaurant to a grab-and-go food service. As part of the Town's Strategic Plan, ongoing analysis of the financial position of the golf course and restaurant has led to the Town’s decision to focus improvements on the golf course (the greens and accessibility) as a recreational amenity for residents and visitors to the Carbon Valley. Recognizing that the Back 9 menu is a crowd pleaser, and the service is outstanding, this decision has been difficult for our community and staff. I want to thank the GM Tim Swartz and his team who have been ambassadors for this amenity with flawless integrity and care. This tough decision was led in accordance with the Town’s commitment to Fiscally Responsible Governance and to ensure the long-term success of the golf course for the greater community. Future investments in the golf course will be prioritized through the Community Parks Master Plan process, The planning process will be an exciting move forward to enhance our golfing amenity and will involve significant public engagement to begin later this year. Watch for several fun golf events coming your way this summer!
The Bella Rosa/Colorado Blvd. street project, which was identified as the second-ranked improvement project on the Town's transportation master plan, is set to take shape! This is thanks to a $2 million grant awarded by DRCOG to Frederick and Firestone for joint improvements. Residents of Frederick and Firestone have been vastly supportive of this improvement, thank you for lifting your voices together.
Fireworks We recognize that celebrating the 4th of July brings the opportunity for families and friends to gather and enjoy the spirit of our Nation’s beginning, so to those that celebrate with fireworks, please make sure you follow the Town’s code regarding permissible vs. unlawful fireworks. frederick.municipal.codes/MC/10-261 Please be responsible and respectful of others and remember to clean up after your fun. This time of year, I often get the question, “if fireworks are illegal, why do you let the pop-up vendors sell them in our community”. So, for some clarity, the pop-up vendors that sell legal fireworks have registered with the town and carry a permit to sell their fireworks. They are inspected many times throughout the course of their stay to ensure they are only selling legal fireworks for Frederick town limits. Our Police Department is fully staffed for this holiday and do an exemplary job of protecting the Town and our residents during their celebrations.
The first annual Yvette TeVelde Memorial Cornhole Tournament brought to you by Remax Momentum is scheduled for June 10 at the Frederick Recreation Area Picnic Pavilions (8201 Colorado Blvd, Frederick, CO 80530). You may register for the friendly competition at Flutterbygives.org/ or just come out and enjoy the celebration of Yvette TeVelde, a proud community member and wife of our Trustee Chad TeVelde.
Exciting things coming to Frederick…
• Town App Get Ready to elevate your community experience with the launch of FrederickCO, the brand-new mobile application from the Town of Frederick. The Town App aims to enhance community engagement and promote inclusivity by providing an efficient and accessible all-in-one communication solution. Check it out on The Town’s YouTube at frederickCO.gov/AppDemo
• Frederick is taking to the skies on June 23, 24, 25 for our 12th year of Frederick in Flight Centennial Park (630 Eight St.). It’s a one-of-kind jammed packed weekend of great food, music, and of course spectacular hot air balloons!
• Help us welcome the first official day of summer at Tour & Talk on June 21. Prairie Greens, Songbird Circle, Angel View, Hidden Creek, Prairie Greens, Savannah. We are ready to listen to and understand the needs of our residents!
• Be part of “Frederick Forward” by helping to create the vision for Frederick’s future. We are seeking community input surrounding parks, open space, and commercial and residential areas with Survey #2 now open at https://fhueng.mysocialpinpoint.com/frederickforward. While you’re there, see what over 900 people had to say in Survey #1.
As always, it is a privilege and honor to be your Mayor.