The Town of Frederick Investment Matching Program for Advancing Capital Transformations (IMPACT) aims to support small businesses by encouraging continuous investments. With this 1:1 matching financial assistance, the IMPACT Grant will encourage local businesses to enhance their operations to serve their customers better and is our way to thank you for being part of the Frederick business community. This grant opportunity supports the Town of Frederick’s adopted strategic plan by addressing focus area 2: Community and Economic Vitality. Together with our business community, we are Built On What Matters.
Funding for the program is based on program eligibility and project cost. Funding is awarded on a first-come, first serve basis. Businesses not awarded a grant are eligible to apply again at the next award year. Eligible businesses in good standing with the Town may be awarded a 1:1 matching grant not to exceed $10,000. Should the project cost exceed the maximum award amount, the applicant would be responsible for covering the remaining cost. At the conclusion of the approved project and satisfaction of the project performance agreement, the Town will disperse the grant award amount to the approved applicant. Operating expenses are ineligible for the grant program.
- 50 or fewer employees
- Business has a brick-and-mortar location (or is using funds for a move into one) within the Town of Frederick
- Businesses must have been licensed and operating in Frederick for 2 or more years
- Business must be in good standing with the Town and possess a business license
- Must be in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State
- Business may apply once per calendar year if not awarded a grant
- If awarded a grant, a business may apply for an additional grant 12 months after the previous project completion date
- Improvements to real property that enhance capital value of the property
- Exterior improvements such as building facades, windows, etc.
- Interior improvements such as flooring, mechanical, plumbing upgrades, connectivity, and accessibility
- Specialized machinery needed for business operations
- Accessories required for equipment operation may be considered
- Project must be completed by the end of the current fiscal year
- Submit a completed application to the Town of Frederick Economic Development Office. Application must include a project budget with a minimum of two (2) qualified estimates; applications without a project budget will not be considered.
- Applicants will be notified of project approval within three (3) weeks of the application submittal. Approved applicants will sign a Project Performance Agreement.
- Applicant will submit all project receipts, invoices, and supporting payment documentation within 30 days of project completion.
- Economic Development staff will visit the site to inspect the completed project.
- Upon approval of the completed project, applicant will receive their award within 30 days.
For questions, please email the Economic Development team or call 720.382.5534.