Mayoral Challenge - Tracie's Treasures
Thank you to all who participated in the first Mayoral Challenge! We had 45 participants, 34 of which completed the challenge. Congratulations to our winner who has been notified!Mayor Tracie Crites challenges YOU to find some of her favorite spots in Frederick. In this Mayoral Challenge, you'll need to solve clues to find Tracie's Treasures throughout the town and let us know you've found the spot by completing an online form. What's the prize? For those who find all 6 of Tracie's Treasures and submit their entries, we'll draw a random name who will win one (1) hot air balloon ride for two (2) people during Frederick In Flight (weather permitting). Think you can find all 6 of Tracie's Treasures? Solve the clues and review the rules. Challenge accepted.
How to Participate
- Review the clues to Tracie’s Treasures below.
- Find each individual Treasure in Frederick.
- Locate the QR Code at each Treasure.
- Scan the QR Code. This will direct you to an online fillable form.
- Complete and submit the form.
- Complete Steps 1 – 5 for each of the 6 Treasures.
Clues to Tracie’s Treasures
- Treasure #1: Walk or ride your way to this outdoor game. Perhaps see the pro at the shop for tips on your putt, chip, and drive. Check the front door for this Treasure’s QR code.
- Treasure #2: The sea-themed chainsaw carving at this location is a great shell-fie photo opp. Not sure where to start? Check out the Arts in Public Places map for some pre-schooling. Find the carving, find this Treasure’s QR Code.
- Treasure #3: Saddle up your horse and mosey on over to this local stop for good coffee, eats, and brews. Giddy up! Check a north facing window for this Treasure’s QR code.
- Treasure #4: History is golden in this small city hall. This building is home to pictures of Frederick’s beginnings and items to learn about a coal miners’ life. Check the front window for this Treasure’s QR code.
- Treasure #5: Long locks can be given a trim at this tree street named studio. Check the front window for this Treasure’s QR code.
- Treasure #6: This photographer-favorite spot is created for outdoor adventures. Walk the trail around it, fish in it, or boat (non-motorized) in it. Check the big sign at the entrance to this park to find this Treasure’s QR code.
One entry per person. The winner must find all six (6) QR codes and use the QR code to submit the corresponding online form for each Treasure before Sunday, June 12 at 11:59 pm. A winner will be randomly drawn on Monday, June 13. The winner will be notified of their selection via email or phone. The winner will receive one (1) hot air balloon ride for two (2) people to occur during Frederick In Flight on June 25 or 26, 2022. The winner must complete the Hot Air Balloon Passenger form before Friday, June 17, 2020 at 5:00 pm in order to receive the hot air balloon ride. Hot air balloon passengers must be 7 years of age or older. All hot air balloon rides are weather-permitting. If a safety or weather cancelation should occur on the morning of the hot air balloon ride, the hot air balloon ride cannot be honored in future years’ event, and is therefore forfeited. The hot air balloon ride is not redeemable for cash, is non-transferable, and may not be substituted. By participating in the Mayoral Challenge program, I agree to the rules and regulations of the Frederick Mayoral Challenge Tracie’s Treasures. I agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Town of Frederick, Colorado and the Town’s officers, employees and agents, from any and all liability, claims or causes of action due to property damage or personal injury to myself or others, including medical bills, attorney’s fees and court costs, whether resulting from the negligence of the Town, its officers, employees, agents or volunteers, or from some other cause, which arise out of or are in any manner connected with my participation in the Frederick Mayoral Challenge Tracie’s Treasures or which are in any manner connected with this program and event. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as a waiver by Town of any rights, immunities, privileges, monetary limitations to judgments, or defenses provided Town by the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act, .C.R.S. § 24-10-101 et seq., as from time to time amended, or otherwise available to the municipality, its officers, agents, volunteers, or employees.