Special Event Permit
Are you planning a public event in the Town of Frederick? A Special Event Permit is required, but not limited to, events such as bike and foot races, concerts, fundraising events, galas, parades, carnivals, sporting events, and/or any event in which the general public is invited or if your private event is to have more than 100 guests.
In order to submit a complete Temporary Use Application, you will be required to create and/or fill out the following supporting documents;
- *Site Plan- Minimum 8 ½” x 11” Plan Sheet Drawn to Scale. See Site Plan Example.
- **Traffic Plan See Traffic Plan Example.
- Temporary Use Form (Form A in application)
- Trash and Sanitation Plan (Form B in application) /documentcenter/view/16614/trash-and-sanitation-plan-form-b
- Special Event Alcohol Permit (Form C in application)
- Security Plan (Form D in application)
- Bounce House Form (Form E in application)
Please contact the Frederick Firestone Fire Protection District for the following permit requirements;
- Permit for tents larger than 400 square feet.
- Mobile Food Vehicle Permit
- Inflatable Structures/Bounce House Permit
- EMS Stand-by with outside ambulance must be licensed through Weld County- Contact Frederick Firestone Fire Protection District for assistance
You can contact the Fire Department at 720-526-6583 or email Steve Iacino.
*Required for all Special Event Applications
** Required for any proposed road closure or traffic detour. If detouring traffic or closing a road, the applicant is required to rent all necessary cones and barricades from the Town’s Public Works Department. Staff will follow up after application submittal to determine how many cones and barricades are necessary to meet MUTCD Standards along with additional cone and barricade rental deposit and fees.
Further detail of what is required for the above supporting documents can be found within the application itself. Staff recommends creating an account so that you can save your application and return to finish it at a later time if supporting documents are not ready to be uploaded at time of application. (See link to application below)
Fees and other information
The Temporary Use Application must be complete and submitted to the Town at least 30 days before your event to avoid any late fees. The initial payment of $300.00 is due at time of application.
Please note: Applications submitted within 2 weeks (14 calendar days) or less of proposed event will NOT be accepted.
Heads Up! Please be aware that a Damage Deposit of $500.00 will be collected for the use of any Town park or Town owned property. Depending on the type and scope of the proposed event, additional fees may be charged. For more information regarding the Damage Deposit and potential additional fees, please see the fee schedule below.
Please complete the online Special Event Application
Questions? Please contact our Public Works Department at 720-382-5804
|Special Event Application Fee Description||Fee||Deposit|
|***Non-Refundable Application Fee||$300|
|Additional Application Late Fee (Application is submitted less than 30 days prior)||$150|
|Frederick Recreation Area||$150|
|Barricade and Cone Rental Deposit||$200|
|Barricade Rental (each pair)||$100|
|Cone Rental for 10 Cones||$25|
|Cones (each cone after 10)||$3|
|Trash Can Rental (per can)||$10|