Calendar Photo Contest
Calling All Photographers!
The Town of Frederick is continuing the 'Built on What Matters' Calendar and wants to highlight your photos that represent Frederick! The 2019 calendar will continue the theme of 'What Matters to You?' and will showcase local photographers in a full-sized, 12-month calendar that will be sent to Frederick residents and businesses. Photographers can submit their photos by filling out the application - available online and at Town Hall by 5 p.m. on October 12th.
Photographers are invited to either compose a new photo or submit one that’s been taken previously. Photos must be taken in Frederick and photographers must explain why the photo depicts what matters to them. We love to see photos of town events, art pieces, hidden gems in Frederick and all seasons represented! Keep in mind our brand promise below for inspiration as well.
We believe in rolling up our sleeves not just for ourselves, but for others.
We believe in playing outside until the stars flicker on and protecting the hallowed ground of childhood.
We believe in a lifelong commitment to actions as good as our intentions.
We believe in the power of our voices and the obligation of our hearts to form a strong foundation.
We believe we’re onto something that’s worth all we can give it.
Here, the life we dream of is ours to create.
Photo Categories and Judging
Entries are judged by the Arts Commission, the Mayor and Town Board, and Town staff based on the composition of the photo and how well it represents the Frederick brand. There will also be a People’s Choice category that will be voted on by the public using the Town’s website photo gallery.
Please see below for the rules for entering the Calendar Photo Contest:
- All photos must have a resolution of 300 dpi or higher.
- All photos must be taken in Frederick and you must provide the location of the photograph.
- If the photo was taken at a private residence, the location will not be released to the general public.
- You must have permission to photograph the subjects of the photo.
- All photographers will be required to explain why their photograph reflects what matters to them.
- Limit five photo submissions per photographer.
- All photos must be submitted by the deadline of October 12th to be considered.
- Photos must be devoid of watermarks, photographer's name/business name, artistic frames, and other added style elements.