Message From the Town Manager
On behalf of the Mayor, Board of Trustees, and the Frederick employees, welcome to the Town of Frederick website. I hope you are able to find all of the answers and information you need here at this site. If not, please let us know so we can continue to improve the site to meet your needs.
Frederick is a community rich in tradition and is building for the future. Families are making Frederick home due to its high quality of life. Contributing to this measurement are the multiple trails and recreational opportunities, safe communities, wonderful events that bring us together, and the thriving businesses in the community.
We have recently completed our first strategic plan for the community which outlines the plan for the next 10 years. This document is illustrative of what matters to the community, will ensure a strong community, and what the future holds to move us forward.
Matt LeCerf, Town Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
The position of Town Manager is to provide organizational leadership, management of the day to day operations, and is tasked with achieving the goals and objectives of the Board of Trustees. Matt LeCerf was appointed by the Board of Trustees as Town Manager in January 2012. He serves at the pleasure of the Board of Trustees and other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that the policy direction set by the Board of Trustees is carried out
- Providing objective information and recommendations to assist the Board of Trustees in developing policy and other critical decisions
- Overseeing and ensuring the town’s policies and procedures are in place to provide high quality delivery of public services in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Annually preparing a recommended balanced budget for the Board of Trustees
- Being responsible for the town’s facilities, services, and overall operations of the entire town