Town of Frederick Mosquito Control Program
The Town of Frederick Public Works Department is handling mosquito control activities. The Town utilizes a combination of Larvicide activities and Adulticide activities to try and mitigate the occurrence of West Nile Virus.
Public Works goes out and tries to identify possible breeding grounds and areas where mosquito larvae may thrive. Staff then applies larvicides to control the mosquitoes before they become adults.
Adulticide spraying occurs on an as needed basis based upon West Nile conditions (as shown on the County threat level), citizen complaints, and general need. Throughout the summer town staff will spray on either Tuesday or Thursday night after 7:00pm. Spraying cannot occur if the wind is 10MPH or over, or if there is inclement weather. Staff will make a judgment call on whether spraying can occur. Tuesday night sprayings will be in areas East of I-25 and West of Colorado Boulevard. Thursday night sprayings will be in areas West of I-25 and East of Colorado Boulevard.
- VectoBac BTI Based. Granular
- VectoLex BTI Based. Granular
- Sustain MBG. BTI Based. Granular
- Altoside BTi Based. Tablets
email or call Public Works at 720-382-5800.
Please call the Frederick Public Works at 720-382-5800 if you have mosquito concerns in your area.
Help Fight Mosquitoes!
You can help fight mosquitoes by doing the following things:
- Drain or empty standing water on property/items that hold stagnant water
- Check and eliminate places that accumulate water after irrigating your yard
- Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets
- Use insect repellent that contains DEET, Picaridin, oil of lemon eucalyptus, or IR3535
- Dress in long sleeves and pants that are light in color and loose fitting when outdoors
- Avoid being outdoors at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active